Android Studio Latest Version
Free download Android Studio latest version. Android Studio is the official IDE for Android application development, based on IntelliJ IDEA. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple apk file generation
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
- lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
- And much more
If you’re new to Android Studio or the IntelliJ IDEA interface, this page provides an introduction to some key Android Studio features. For specific Android Studio how-to documentation, see the pages in the Workflow section, such as Managing Projects from Android Studio and Building and Running from Android Studio.
By default, Android Studio displays your profile files in the Android project view. This view shows a flattened version of your project’s structure that provides quick access to the key source files of Android projects and helps you work with the Gradle-based build system. The Android project view:
- Groups the build files for all modules at the top level of the project hierarchy.
- Shows the most important source directories at the top level of the module hierarchy.
- Groups all the manifest files for each module.
- Shows resource files from all Gradle source sets.
- Groups resource files for different locales, orientations, and screen types in a single group per resource type.
Before installation, make sure that you have installed Java Development Kit as this is the requirement for Android Studio.